What does Steeple do for you?
- You will SAVE THOUSANDS in commission!
- All you have to do is show buyers around your home (by appointment only).
- We are estate agents. We help set the price. We take care of the offer and legal paperwork.
- We market your property on ALL major property websites for maximum impact!
Steeple compared with Traditional Estate Agents and Private Selling
See why Steeple is the obvious choice when selling your property.
Sell your property with us
As South Africa’s first low cost estate agents we don’t have expensive local offices or flashy cars. We provide the critical estate agency services (valuation, marketing, dealing with offers, legal paperwork etc.) from a central office and pass the savings on to you.
We list your house on ALL the major property search websites, including PrivateProperty and Property24, so your property can be found with a Google search.
Our massive online marketing and knowledge of the tricks of the trade will help to sell your property quickly.
How It Works
You send us your photos and details with our easy-to-use online form. For an extra fee of R395 we send a professional photographer who will take the photos and obtain your property details and upload them all for you (in selected areas only) .
We prepare the property listing and, after you have approved it, we publish on all the major property websites in South Africa.
We forward you the viewing requests from potential buyers by email and sms.
You make your own appointments at a convenient time, and show the potential buyers around.
If the buyer wants to make an offer, just let us know and we will take care of it.
Estate agency services
We provide all these conventional estate agency services:
Taking professional photos
(if your house is in a selected suburb)
Advising on the selling price of your property
(with comparative market analysis)
Marketing of your house online
(on ALL major property search websites in SA!)
Advertising with a For Sale sign
(600mm x 400mm sign posted to you)
Arranging of home viewings and getting viewer feedback
Helping buyers calculate affordability and obtain bonds
Taking care of offers from buyers and handling the legal process and paperwork
Liaising with lawyers, buyers, banks etc. …
In other words, we take care of everything related to selling your property. All you need to do is show buyers around
when convenient. You are not locked in to a sole mandate, and you can cancel any time you like.
- Can I use Steeple if I work all day? Of course! Most buyers work too so you can arrange viewings at mutually convenient times such as after work or on the weekends.
- Are there any upfront or other fees besides the commission? The commission is the only cost if you don't choose any of the optional extras. The commission is payable when the property is sold and the buyer was introduced by us.
- Can I use Steeple if I am not in Cape Town? Absolutely! Our offices are in Cape Town but we operate nationally - online and by phone.
- What is your success rate? Our success rate varies depending on the location of the property. We usually sell any property that is correctly priced in the major metropolitan areas. There is currently much lower demand for properties outside the major areas so the chances of a sale there are lower.
- I have not heard of Steeple before? We have only been trading for about 18 months. We are the first low cost estate agents in South Africa so our profile is still quite low. As we grow, more and more people will hear about us!
- Can I use other agents too? Of course, we have an open mandate. But remember they will just duplicate (in part) our own marketing efforts at a much higher cost!
- In which areas do you provide professional photos and detail capturing? The areas can be seen here. You can purchase this service in these areas as an optional extra, payable upfront.
Features of our estate agency service
- Super-low fees
Fees are only 1.5% of the selling price. Payable only on sale. The costs for optional extras are payable upfront.
- Licensed estate agency
Steeple is an estate agency licensed by the Estate Agents Affairs Board. Our Fidelity Fund Certificate number is 2014107434.
- Your Responsibilities
You send us your photos. You arrange your own viewings and you show potential buyers around your home yourself (or ask a friend).
- National Operations
Steeple has an office in Cape Town but we can help sell houses anywhere in South Africa because we operate online. Having a single, inexpensive office keeps our costs low and we pass on those savings to you with our low fees.
- No Lock-in Period
You can terminate your mandate with us whenever you wish.
- Open Mandate
You are free to use other estate agents (although they will just duplicate, in part, our marketing efforts for a higher fee!).