What does Steeple do for you?
- You will SAVE THOUSANDS in commission!
- All you have to do is show buyers around your home (by appointment only).
- We are estate agents. We help set the price. We take care of the offer and legal paperwork.
- We market your property on ALL major property websites for maximum impact!
Steeple compared with Traditional Estate Agents and Private Selling
See why Steeple is the obvious choice when selling your property. We provide 2 options - Regular (fantastic value for money), and LITE (even more affordable!).
|Traditional agent||Steeple Regular||Steeple LITE||Selling Privately|
|Selling Costs||Typically 5.0 - 7.5% plus VAT of sale price achieved.||Super-low commission; % reduces as selling price increases (see Savings Calculator). Only paid when your house is sold.||Ultra-low commission of just 1.5%, with a minimum of R20000. Only paid when your house is sold. No other fees.||But you pay all your marketing costs UPFRONT even if you don't end up selling.|
|Online Marketing||Steeple's services usually provide greater coverage.||Your property is listed on ALL major property websites for maximum impact.||Your property is listed on ALL major property websites for maximum impact.||Limited websites permit private selling. Also depends on your skills and budget.|
|Seller Involvement||Provide keys and alarm code, prepare and vacate property.||Show buyers around.||Send us your photos. Make viewing appointments directly with buyers. Show buyers around.||You do everything: valuing, marketing, showing, legal docs etc. without guidance.|
|Client Service||Level of service depends on selected agency and agent.||Professional, transparent service from our experienced team.||Professional, transparent service from our experienced team.||You are on your own so there is no assistance.|
|For Sale Board||Provided by estate agent.||Professional sign with unique ref number posted to you.||Not included, but we can send one as an optional extra (R350).||You have to make your own.|
|Property Photos||Photos usually taken by estate agent.||A professional photographer will take photos and capture all your details. (Selected areas only)||Not included, but we can send a professional photographer as an optional extra (R550).||You have to take your own.|
Sell your property with us
As South Africa’s first low cost estate agents we don’t have expensive local offices or flashy cars. We provide the critical estate agency services (valuation, marketing, dealing with offers, legal paperwork etc.) from a central office and pass the savings on to you.
We list your house on ALL the major property search websites, including PrivateProperty and Property24, so your property can be found with a Google search.
Our massive online marketing and knowledge of the tricks of the trade will help to sell your property quickly.
Comparing Regular and LITE
We send a photographer (in selected areas) and all you do is show potential buyers around your home yourself (or ask a friend or relative to do it). We arrange the viewing appointments at a convenient time for you – such as after work or on weekends. You don’t have to hold show days. A For Sale sign is included free.
You send us your photos and details with our easy-to-use online form. We forward you the viewing requests by email and sms and you make your own appointments. A For Sale sign is an optional extra.
Estate agency services
We provide all these conventional estate agency services:
Taking professional photos
(if your house is in a selected suburb)
Advising on the selling price of your property
(with comparative market analysis)
Marketing of your house online
(on ALL major property search websites in SA!)
Advertising with a For Sale sign
(600mm x 400mm sign posted to you)
Arranging of home viewings and getting viewer feedback
Helping buyers calculate affordability and obtain bonds
Taking care of offers from buyers and handling the legal process and paperwork
Liaising with lawyers, buyers, banks etc. …
In other words, we take care of everything related to selling your property. All you need to do is show buyers around
when convenient. You are not locked in to a sole mandate, and you can cancel any time you like.
- Can I use Steeple if I work all day? Of course! Most buyers work too so you can arrange viewings at mutually convenient times such as after work or on the weekends.
- Are there any upfront or other fees besides the commission? No, the commission is the only cost. It is payable when the property is sold and the buyer was introduced by us.
- What is the difference between Steeple Regular and Steeple LITE? Our Regular service has a super-low commission (check your savings with the Savings Calculator). Steeple LITE is even more affordable - 1.5% commission with a minimum of R20000 - but you are more involved in the selling process.With the Regular service you get free professional photos and your property details are uploaded for you (in selected suburbs of Johannesburg, Pretoria, Centurion, Cape Town and Durban) so you don't have to do anything. Plus, you get a free For Sale sign. (If you choose Steeple LITE you can purchase these as optional extras, payable upfront.)With the Regular service, when we get a viewing request we screen the potential buyer, and then contact you to set up a convenient viewing time. We send out confirmations and we follow up after the viewing to get feedback from the viewer. With Steeple LITE, a viewing request is sent directly to you as an email and sms and we don't get involved in making the appointment.With both options we take care of the offer process, help the buyer obtain a bond, and manage the legal paperwork.
- Can I use Steeple if I am not in Cape Town? Absolutely! Our offices are in Cape Town but we operate nationally - online and by phone.
- What is your success rate? Our success rate varies depending on the location of the property. We usually sell any property that is correctly priced in the major metropolitan areas. There is currently much lower demand for properties outside the major areas so the chances of a sale there are lower.
- I have not heard of Steeple before? We have only been trading for about a year. We are the first low cost estate agents in South Africa so our profile is still quite low. As we grow, more and more people will hear about us!
- Can I use other agents too? Of course, we have an open mandate. But remember they will just duplicate (in part) our own marketing efforts at a much higher cost!
- In which areas do you provide free professional photos and detail capturing? The areas can be seen here. This is a free service for Steeple Regular clients. If you choose Steeple LITE then you can purchase this service in these same areas as an optional extra, payable upfront.
Features of our estate agency service
- Super-low fees
Fees are only a very low percentage of the selling price. Payable only on sale. There are no other costs.
- Licensed estate agency
Steeple is an estate agency licensed by the Estate Agents Affairs Board. Our Fidelity Fund Certificate number is 2013119872.
- Your Responsibilities
You show potential buyers around your home yourself (or ask a friend). For our Regular service, we do everything else for you. For Steeple LITE, you also send us your photos and make your own viewing times from the requests we forward to you.
- National Operations
Steeple has an office in Cape Town but we can help sell houses anywhere in South Africa because we operate online. Having a single, inexpensive office keeps our costs low and we pass on those savings to you with our low fees.
- No Lock-in Period
You can terminate your mandate with us whenever you wish.
- Open Mandate
You are free to use other estate agents (although they will just duplicate, in part, our marketing efforts for a higher fee!).